Spotted this tidy infographic on WordPress security. With so many people choosing WordPress as the go-to CMS (over 70 million websites, 1/2 of the top 100 blogs as ranked by Technorati) it was inevitable that some of these WordPress powered websites would become the victim of malicious attacks.
There’s a whole world of knowledge out there about WordPress security (enough to make your head spin!) but there are still some simple steps that you can follow to keep your WordPress website secure. Here’s a few basic tips on WordPress security…
- Backup your WordPress website regularly
- Keep your WordPress website updated
- Avoid themes from untrusted sources
- Use well established hosting companies
- Ensure your computer is free of viruses and malware
- Use strong passwords!!!
- Install a security plugin
At JamJo we offer a managed WordPress hosting service that takes care of the hosting, security, maintenance and ongoing support of your WordPress website. We also assist in the event of a hack or presence of malicious software. If you’re in need of JamJo’s services please call us now on 021 242 8361 or drop us aline here.