1. Keyword Research
For each page on a website, you should have a keyword in mind that you would like that page to rank for (remember pages rank, websites don't rank) As you develop content for each page, make sure to keep the content relevant to that keyword. So for example if the page is about rubber tyres, consider the keyword "rubber tyers". By using Googles keyword research tool here, you can see what search terms people are using to search for a given topic and in a certain location.
- Have 1 keyword in mind for each website page you develop.
- Use Googles keyword research tool here to find the most searched after keywords in your location.
- You can also use Googles keyword research tool to analyse your competitors keywords
- Around 300 - 500 words per page, each paragraph 2-6 sentences in length, use paragraph headers.
- Include your page Keyword in each page, mention the keyword as much as possible/is appropriate.
3. Ongoing SEO
When the site is launched it will come with an SEO tool called Yoast. This plugin can be used immediately to search engine optimise pages of your website to improve, over time, your search engine rankings. It's easy to use and comes pre installed. See more here.
4. Keep content fresh (very important)
When search engines see updates on your site they will index the new content and record the date. Search engines seek fresh new content, and can rank a newer article higher than a similar article that is older.
Best of luck!