Maintenance Update 10.8
We have also patched all plugins for the latest release of WordPress.
Akismet Anti Spam V4.0.7
- Based on user feedback, the link on “Learn how your comment data is processed.” in the optional privacy notice now has a
_blankand opens in a new tab/window.
- Updated the in-admin privacy notice to use the term “comment” instead of “contact” in “Akismet can display a notice to your users under your comment forms.”
- Only show in-admin privacy notice if Akismet has an API Key configured
WordPress Security V7.0.2
- Enhancement: Add UI to cancel in progress File Scan.
- Enhancement: Add basic admin debug page to help diagnosing and resolving issues. Particularly with the events.
- Enhancement: Add debug settings JSON editor.
- Enhancement: Continually evaluate password strength for users instead of only during registration.
- Enhancement: Introduce Password Requirements module for managing and enforcing password requirements.
- Bug Fix: Accessing password requirement settings would not resolve properly in some instances.
- Bug Fix: Away Mode would not lock out users who were already logged-in during the “away” period.
- Bug Fix: Enforce the Strong Passwords requirement during Security Check.
- Bug Fix: Ensure scheduling lock is cleared by the Cron Scheduler when not proceeding with running events.
- Bug Fix: If a password requirement has been disabled or is no longer available, don’t consider the password as needing a change.
- Bug Fix: Only hide “Acknowledge Weak Password” checkbox if the user was not allowed to use a weak password.
- Bug Fix: Password strength would not be evaluated if password was set using custom PHP or CLI commands.
- Bug Fix: Prevent File Change from getting stuck in an infinite rescheduling loop on the first step.
- Bug Fix: Remove distributed storage table on uninstall.
- Tweak: Don’t write to the tracked files setting if the file hash has not changed.
- Tweak: If no last password change date is recorded for the user, treat their registration date as the last change date.
Jetpack WordPress stats V6.3
- Shortcodes: Removed extra black bars from YouTube embeds as controls are inside the container now.
- Simple Payments: Fixed the custom post type bug that affected Simple Payments widget for 2 year subscriptions.
- Simple Payments: Fixed site failure which happens on Multisite installation with Simple Payments widget.
- Simple Payments: Fixed syntax and misc compatibility issues with Simple Payments widget on PHP 5.2.
- Simple Payments: Added warning for admin users if Simple Payments is not enabled but there are products published on pages/posts as a widget.
- Lazy Images: Fixed an issue with images not loading while updating quantity in WooCommerce shopping cart.
- General: Fixed auto scrolling to top when following the Quick Tour buttons.
- General: Removed ability to set custom name for Site Identity section.
- General: Added advanced control capabilities to image extraction from posts.
User Role Editor V4.43
- Update: references to non-existed roles are removed from the URE role additional options data storage after any role update.
- Fix: Additional options section view for the current role was not refreshed properly after other current role selection.
WordPress SEO 7.5
- Fixes a bug where images with specific aspect ratios where removed from OpenGraph consideration. This was causing unexpected results with Facebook sharing. The aspect ratio check has been removed completely.
- Fixes a bug where sentences ending in multiple sentence marks, exclamation marks or ellipses were treated as multiple sentences.
- Fixes a bug where attempting to get Yoast SEO options in multi-site, would result in wrong values being returned.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemap styling could not be loaded when the Site domain differs from the Admin domain.
- Fixes a bug where the admin bar still used old copy: Dashboard has been renamed to General.
Monday, June 4, 2018